It’s not every day a celebrity sheds light on how they deal with the constant tabloid rumors about them.
Olivia Munn gave us a peek behind that curtain on Sunday, by addressing rumors about a budding new relationship with Chris Pratt, who recently separated from actress Anna Faris. Munn flat out denied the reports, but took things a step further by sharing five important notes on social media about the fake news—and threw in a screenshot of a text with Faris to put an end to the gossip once and for all.
In her post, Munn broke things down in pretty simple points:
1. Not every woman is scorned and upset after a breakup.
2. Not every woman is “furious” at another woman for dating her ex.
3. Even if I was dating [Chris Pratt], some tabloids got me and [Anna Faris] all wrong.
4. Women respect and love each other a lot more than some people like to think.
5. Chris and I would have a horrible celebrity name: Crolivia, Prunn, Chrisivia, Olipratt
Munn also shared a text she had sent to Faris, explaining that there was “0 percent truth” to the dating rumors.
“I”m not sure you already know it’s not true, or maybe didn’t care either way, but I just wanted to reach out personally to tell you it’s not true,” she texted—and Faris’ response proves Munn’s points exactly.
“Oh my god—this town is so fucking crazy—you are so sweet to text,” Faris wrote back, before adding she would be thrilled if Munn was her sister-in-law.
And there you you go, folks. That’s how you squash some hearsay.